<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Friday, February 20, 2004

A Search For Mental Peace 

Each week I receive a list of the search terms entered into the search boxes on my site. Along with the more common searches for treatments and specific retinal dystrophies, this week I noticed a search for "mental peace."

Often I have considered placing links to resources for people trying to cope with the psychological effects of gradual vision loss. Each time I wonder how I will know which resources might help my visitors - a good site about general mental wellbeing, inspiring writing by people who have dealt with vision loss, or maybe works of philosophy. Some of the issues faced by people with vision loss are the same as everyone else. Some of the issues are very specific to vision loss and the visual disturbances associated with retinal dystrophy. Some people have a greater need to understand what is happening to them and why. Some find mental peace more easily than others.

So I still don't have the magic links to mental peace, although I'm always working on finding and sharing them. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! And in the mean time, I wish us all a little mental peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?