<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Herbal Safety Web Site 

Recently I received an e-mail suggesting that I try a herbal treatment available from overseas for RP. The e-mail included contact information but not a Web site address, so I have not included the details in RetGen.

One concern I have about taking herbs to treat retinal degeneration is that I do not know how safe a particular herb might be. In addition, it is difficult to check that the herbs will be of benefit and that they will not cause further vision loss.

For people interested in researching the safety of herbal treatments for health conditions, the Herbal Safety Project presented by UT El Paso / Austin Cooperative Pharmacy Program & Paso del Norte Health Foundation, might be of some assistance. The Web site focuses on herbs commonly used in the south west of the United States and those sourced from Mexico.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?