<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Music, Architecture and RP 

Joel Deutsch, a regular contributor to the RPList, described his experience of touring the Walt Disney Concert Hall in an essay recently published in the Los Angeles Times:


"I'm no architectural expert," she cautioned me as we began our tour of the
building's exterior. I assured her that it didn't matter. On the Web, with
the help of my screen reader program, I'd pored over articles describing the
hall's idiosyncratic asymmetries, its billowing curves, I imagined, making
it look something like an extraterrestrial Spanish galleon about to sail over
Bunker Hill. All I needed was for her to help me make sense of the place.
'Music of the Mind,' Los Angeles Times Magazine, 17 October 2004.


The article is now archived and available for a small fee at the newspaper's Web site. If you are interested in reading more of Joel's writing on life with RP, visit Not Fade Away, an online exhibit of the San Francisco Exploratorium.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?