<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Computer Use With A Vision Impairment Simulator 

The Visual Impairment Simulator (VIS) shows computer users what it's like to use the computer when you have a vision impairment. The simulator changes the screen display so that it simulates retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration, cataracts, colour blindness, glaucoma, and hyperopia (farsightedness). The simulator is a project of students at the University of Illinois. The program is freely available at the Visual Impairment Simulator download page. Feedback about the simulator is welcomed and can be given at the
VIS Forum.

Note:I downloaded a copy myself but found that it did not work on my computer. If you have more success, please let me know.

Comments:
I blog often and I really thank you for your content.
Your article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep
checking for new details about once a week. I opted in for
your Feed as well.

Also visit my web blog ... business development
Melbourne (http://www.ebhet.com)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?