<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Textic Personal Toolbars for IE and MS Word 

For most of my own longer work, I use NoteTab Light, a text editor in which I can change the display of the background colour, font colour and font size to suit myself. I write all of my Web pages using NoteTab and have the font colour set to orange and the background set to black.

Over the next few weeks I'll need to proofread a large document in Microsoft Word. In Microsoft Word, it appears that I must either change the formatting of the document or change Windows XP's Accessibility settings to High Contrast, with the high contrast colour set to white text on a black background.

My eyes are quite light sensitive, so staring at black text on a stark white background is no longer comfortable and I prefer the orange text on black. I don't want to change the formatting of a document, just the way it is displayed.

Another solution might come from Textic, a company offering toolbars for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word that allow the user to change the font and background colour to their own preference. I'm about to download the 30-day trial of their Personal Toolbar for Microsoft Word, so I'll see how it goes.

I read about Textic in the December issue of E-Access Bulletin.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?