<$BlogRSDUrl$>

News, Links and Commentary

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Mango in the Dark 

Jacqueline McGrath is a freelance journalist who has retinitis pigmentosa. McGrath reviewed the Parisian restaurant Dans Le Noir?' - yet another place where diners can eat in total darkness. I sometimes find it difficult to manage a knife and fork in the dark, but I can't imagine making this mistake:


?That is watermelon, isn?t it?? I asked the young man. ?Absolutely,? he replied. (A glance at the bar?s chalkboard menu on my way out told me it was mango.) The meat on our plate was equally enigmatic. I sniffed the morsel on my fork ?Chicken?? I asked. ?Most likely duck,? the young man volunteered. (The chalkboard menu convinced me it was guinea hen.)

'Dining in the dark: Traveler's Check: Dans Le Noir?' (Kansas City Star, 5 November 2006).

Comments:
I don't even know how I finished up here, but I thought this publish was good. I don't realize who you might be however certainly you're going to a well-known blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!


http://healthymoco.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-is-mens-health-month.html?m=1

Also visit my blog testostrong
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?